1. SAPDJ Pathashala
Shri Aillak Pannalal Digambar Jain Pathashala is a pioneer academic institution established in the yead 1885. The Trust fosters the spirit of ‘Shraman Culture’ through the ingenious philosophy of ‘Shikshan Haach Dharma’.
The trust for the last 123 years has been catering to the needs of the region in the field of education. The institution is striving industriously to uphold the vision of Shri Seth Hirachand Nemchand, a rare visionary who established it and institutionalized his mission. The Trust offers Bachelor Degrees in Engineering, Arts, Commerce, Science and Education; and Postgraduate Courses in Business Administration, Marathi, Economics and Social work. Subsequently every year over 7000 students realize their academic aspirations in order to establish their lives. Student folks desperately prefer to seek entry for various courses run under the auspices of Trust. Thousands of students, who sought education here hail from different states, are placed in high positions in various sectors. It could happen only because of the cherished values like integrity, justice, equality and morality that are ingrained in the mission and vision of the Pathashala. Thus the centurion institution has sustained unique academic legacy, which goes down in the history of India for centuries to come. The history made by the Trust has set a remarkable academic trend for the flourishing institutions.
2. Walchand Centre for Biotechnology (WCBT)
Walchand College of Arts and Science, Solapur was established on 8th July 1962. The college has initiated Entire B.Sc. Biotechnology course from June 2008 in its separate unit known as Walchand Centre for Biotechnology. The college has also started M.Sc. (Bioinformatics & Genetics) from June 2009. The M.Sc. Biotechnology is commencing from academic year 2013-14. It is our dream project to train and produce manpower in the field of this modern technology.
Vision & Mission, Goals
To provide globally competent Entrepreneurs & Scientists with an aptitude for leadership and research who will be instrumental for development of Society.
2. WCBT Mission
To strengthen nationwide collaboration of higher education with government, industry and the community devoted to the research and application of new interdisciplinary knowledge for sustainable development.
To fulfill this mission, WCBT will:
- Generate human resource potential in the field of Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biodiversity and Genetic Engineering.
- Develop research centre for studies in upcoming areas of Biotechnology by providing ‘State of the Art’ facilities.
- Create new business opportunities and new jobs by supporting technology transfer and by connecting research and education with economic development and workforce preparation.
- Offer educational and technical assistance to community, industry and institution that support improved understanding of Biotechnology.
Solapur Governing Council
|Sr. No.||Name of the Member||Designation|
|1.||Sheth. Arvind Raoji Doshi||President|
|2.||Shriman Dr. Ranjeet Hiralal Gandhi||Secretary|
|3.||Shriman Bhushan Vilas Shah||Member|
|4.||Shriman Adv. Surel Sunil Shah||Member|
|5.||Shriman Prithviraj Hiralal Gandhi||Member|
|6.||Shriman Pritam Arvind Doshi||Member|
Local Management Committee :
|Sr. No.||Name of the Member||Designation|
|1.||Shriman Bhushan V. Shah||Representative Chairman of management|
|2.||Shriman Dr. Ranjeet H. Gandhi||Secretary of Management|
|3.||Shriman Gajkumar V. Shah||Representative of Management|
|4.||Shriman Deepak J. Shah||Representative of Management|
|5.||Shriman Pruthvilal H. Gandhi||Representative of Management|
|6.||Principal Dr. A. H. Manikshete||Secretary|
|7.||Mr. U. M. Chougule||Representative of Faculty members|
|8.||Mr. S. N. Battin||Representative of Faculty members|
|9.||Dr. Mrs. N. C. Waghmare||Representative of Faculty members|
|10.||Mr. N. R. Gund||Representative of Non-Teaching Staff|
- Walchand College of Arts And Science, Solapur.
- Walchand Centre for Biotechnology, Solapur.
- Walchand Institute of Technology, Solapur.
- Hirachand Nemchand College of Commerce, Solapur.
- Kasturbai College of Education, Solapur.
- Shri. D. J. Gurukul High School and Junior College, Solapur.
- Nutan Vidyalaya, Ashti.
- Shri.Deshbhushan Kulbhushan High School, Kunthalgiri
Salient features of WCBT :
- Three Storeyed building with academic friendly huge campus.
- Ultra Modern air-conditioned laboratories.
- Unique sophisticated Animal Tissue Culture, Plant Tissue Culture, and Molecular Biology Laboratory units.
- E-library with round the clock Internet.
- Qualified and experienced faculty.
- Continuous Internal evaluation system.
- Interaction with research Institutes and industries.
- Unique placement cell.
- Scholarship facilities as per Maharashtra Govt. Rules.